Saturday, August 6, 2011

va va voom: red lips

OCC Lip Tar: NSFW




before: lined and filled in with NYX lip liner pencil in Red Hot.



after: 3 hours, eating pizza, and drinking lots of water.




It has even been 2 more hours since the last pictures. Although the color has slightly faded more, I am impressed with its wear. Instead of flaking or looking blotchy like other red, especially long wear, lipsticks do after very little time, OCC Lip Tars have more of a fading effect that ends up looking like a lip stain. This is a much more preferred look than flaking and blotchy-ness.

Other reasons why I am newly in love with OCC Lip Tars:
1. minty smell/taste
2. VERY little product goes a VERY long way
3. get your money's worth
4. highly pigmented
5. smooth, not sticky (at all!)
6. vegan
7. cruelty free

I am signed up to get a makeup artist discount, so each one is a little over $10. Otherwise they are $13 a piece, which is still very affordable, especially for what you get.

So... ya! That's that. I hope you enjoyed and will try out OCC and maybe even a hot red lip!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a perfect red lip and I can't believe the staying power! Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right?! Even after some of it comes off, the color still looks amazing! I'm going to a wedding soon and wanted to wear a red lip. I can't wait to actually wear this out! I want more Lip Tars ASAP!

    I've also been told to use a lip stain prior to liner and lipstick for an even better, long lasting look.

    ReplyDelete