Friday, January 7, 2011

Look of the Day: 1/6/11


outside - no flash



inside - with flash

Have you guessed the theme of this look yet? Only likely if you are from the bay area and are into hockey. If you haven't figured it out yet, this look was inspired by the SHARKS!! Yes, I am a fan. Not of every sport, not even most, juuuuuust hockey. This girl loves her to fighting on the ice! Anyways, I went to a game tonight and decided I should show some team spirit in my makeup. There color is predominantly teal. However, black, orange, and white appear on their jerseys as well.

I used a black base on my lid and to form the crease shape, then set it with a matte dark gray. The crease was blended out with a light, bright teal and the crease was built up with a dark teal and plumage (by MAC). The orange shadow was place above NYX Jumbo Eyepencil in Milk. I kept my face neutral, but balanced out my face by using darker matte tones.




me and (one of) my bestie(s)

My friend's makeup is very similar to mine with a lighter, brighter white highlight and a darker teal crease.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this look!!! did you go to school for your training? I want to become a makeup artist but some say go to school others say don't. I'm confused :( . If you get a chance please check out my blog at yumicrafts.blogspot.com. I will post some of my looks soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS!

    I watch a lot of youtube videos and went to kandee johnson's glaminar. you do not need to go to school, but then you can't work in a salon. if you do, go to esthetics school. they go more in depth about makeup then cosmetology.

    good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete