Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Adventures on Set.

About two weeks ago I got a text from a friend asking if I'd like to do makeup for a music video. How in the world could I pass up something like this?! And it just so happened that it was in San Francisco, near where I live and where a friend goes to school.

On the first day, the girls and I got all the costumes together. We had a lot of fun looking around a costume shop and putting together some ridiculous outfits for the girls to try on.

The second day we began to shoot. Not only did I have three girls to do various looks for, but I did the guys' makeup as well. The song is called "California Woman" by the Deaf Pilots from Chico, California. For the video, the girls each represented a different era, and then all three girls got to dress as 80s rocker and beach babes. And, yes, I did entirely different makeup for each look. Meaning, I was on my feet doing makeup for practically two days straight! However, I can't complain. "If you love what you do, you never work a day in your life" (Kandee Johnson).

This weekend was a ton of fun, and I am so grateful to have met each person involved in the video. I wish the best for the band as they venture off to tour California, and sincerely hope to worth with the production crew again.

Check out the Deaf Pilots on Myspace Music, Facebook, and on their website!


My 80s Rocker girls

.............................70s Hippie................... 50s Pinup................... 60s Go-Go/Twiggy


Everyone together at the end of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment