Saturday, December 25, 2010

Look of the Day: 12/25/10 +BONUS



Starting this look, I had noooo idea it was going to come out anything like this! At first I was going to do a brighter look with very little, if any, dark colors. Obviously, that not what happened. I love what I did though. Instead of using black in the crease, as most smokey looks do, I used a dark blue and applied a layer of an iridescent goldy-teal to bring all the colors together. Beneath the eye, I used this same blue with a green and applied it with a pencil brush over NYX Jumbo Eyepencil in Milk. I also applied a pair of false lashes for shits and giggles.

It's always important to fill your brows, but especially with a more dramatic look like this one. It helps complete the look overall. It you scroll down to the bonus look below you'll see my natural brows and lashes without product. Make sure when you do fill your brows you use a color slightly lighter than your hair. I also suggest that you use a brown or brown-black mascara if you're more fair skinned and/or have lighter eyes. The darker you go, the smaller your eyes can look, especially with light skin. The goal it to make your brows and lashes look natural.





*BONUS*



If you're looking for a more daring look for parties, clubs, or bars this is for you! I first used tape to create a sharp outer angle, then created a diagonal line along the tape to the center of my uper lash line using NYX Jumbo Eyepencil in Black. After blending out the jumbo pencil, keeping the color concentrated to the outer lid, I used a dark gray and silver color to finish the look. The gem is optional, but highly suggested!





No comments:

Post a Comment